Saturday, April 7, 2007

2nd Questions

Q. Why do you use that title, the grand and most high order thing?
I don't. I prefer Bruce, others give me a title, it means nothing.

Q. Bruce?
Bruce is a name I have used always. I am the first, I expect to be the last.

Q. So you consider yourself the first and last, the alpha and the omega?
Yes. But only with the name Bruce. I have introduced the name into every world that has had civilisation.

Q. Do you inhabit a world in every cycle?
No. Mostly I find myself on a world. But life is rare in my experience.

Q. Do you seek out life?
I have no way of moving about. Once I land on a rock, I must stay till The Great Unlit. As much as possible I try to avoid landing until I see the stars forming - but that is a folly. I am drawn, not guided.

Q. Drawn by what?
There are many forces you have no knowledge of, and I suspect that there are many things of which I have no knowledge of. Sometimes there is order. Stars spin in great circles, planets orbit. Other times, things bounce, explode, reform and bounce again. Those times last very little, and then another Great Unlit. Life requires order. When order falters because a system starts to bounce, then the Great Unlit begins. I am not aware of any beings, apart from me, getting to the Great Unlit. All things pass before the final incoming of all light. Then its gone.

Q. How do you survive?
I don't. I just am. I do not hunger or thirst. I do not feel pain.



Q. So, during the Great Unlit where are you?
There is no where to be, there is nothing, just the Great Unlit. I'm not zipping down to KFC for a chicken burger. There is nothing that I can sense. Not even me.

Q. No even you? How do you know your there if you can't sense yourself?
Well, I'm not sure. It always seems like such a long period, but at other times it appears to be very brief before I sense a tugging.

Q. So you experience some sort of physical sensation?
More like a sort of awareness. As far as I can tell, I have no physical form. In the Great Unlit there is no way to know.

Q. What do you make of us Humans?
You are indeed an interesting species. I have encounted you before, well, the likes of you before. Always with your god things and your weapons of destruction.

Q. How does it end?
Sometimes your Sun dies before you have a chance to blow yourselves up. Other times you manage to develop some huge weapon that destroys the lot. It never ceases to amaze me that when religion develops, so to do weapons, and in the end its opposing religions that kill each other. Even though its obvious to all that this god thing couldn't possibly exist, they carry on and it all ends in tears. Sometimes, as a species, you look quiet shocked. I can only ponder - how do you think it was going to end.

No comments: